Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre is home to the history and heritage of Pembroke Dock and the surrounding area. Our displays focus on the military, maritime and social history of this town. The Heritage Centre is an all-weather attraction for the whole family.
The Heritage Centre is an independent, volunteer-run museum, operated by Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust, a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 1120476.
Pembroke Dock has a remarkable heritage, which is unique and significant in Wales, in the UK and in the world. To find out a little about the town’s history, click here.
The heritage centre tells some of the stories of ‘PD’ and its flying boats. Pembroke Dock was a RAF flying boat station for nearly 30 years, in peacetime and in wartime. During World War II ‘PD’ became the largest flying boat station in the world.
The centre recalls Pembroke Dock’s long connections with flying boats, from biplanes to the mighty Sunderland.
- Displays, stories, models, medals, uniforms
- Long service career of the Sunderland and its various marks
- Pembroke Dock in wartime – the largest flying boat station in the world
- Other flying boats including the Catalina and civil variants
- Dedicated Workshop Team conserving parts of a unique wartime survivor
Sunderland Flying Boat, serial number T9044
- The only Mark I left in the world, T9044 sank off Pembroke Dock in 1940 gale
- Plans to recover the remains of T9044 and display as part of a Battle of the Atlantic story
- A Pegasus engine, already recovered, is the centrepiece of the Workshop display
- Try out T9044’s original Astrodome
- Interactive displays including animation of Sunderland T9044 on the seabed
Opening times: Tuesday-Saturday 10am-4pm (closed for 2 weeks over Christmas/New Year)
Parking: Yes (including disabled parking)
Gift Shop: Yes
Directions: Follow the brown signs from Asda’s roundabout in Pembroke Dock (towards South Pembrokeshire Hospital). Access is via Gate 4 Port of Pembroke
Sat Nav Users: The Flying Boat Centre, Building 53, The Royal Dockyard, Pembroke Dock, SA72 6TB
Please phone (if you are travelling a distance) 01646 623425 as times and days may vary.
** open to all – school and group visits are especially catered for – please contact us for further information **
Contact: 01646 623425, email@example.com,